My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

There are many things that interest me.Apart from the technological interests,I like medicine. My blog will definitely contain notes on varied areas of life! Thanks for sparing your time on my blog. Be assured, your comments are valued by me! Ashwini

Thursday, June 21, 2007

SOA - Implementation

SOA is a concept which preaches reusability, loosely coupling the software services with proper protocol for data exchange. Becaues most of the time SOA is implemented using web services, it's always interpreted as SOA = Web services and vice versa. This is not true.

SOA is just a concept. This concept can be implemented using Web Services or age old RMI or something new that might come up in future. Currently, web services provide proper protocol/rules to communicate with a diverse set of systems, which makes it most desired for SOA implementation.

JSR 227 is coming up with a service oriented interface (SOI) for data binding and data access functionalities. According to JSR 227, whatever the underlying systems(EJB, DB or mainframes), the interfaces and the data will remain same.

Looking forward for it? Yes, me too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home