My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

There are many things that interest me.Apart from the technological interests,I like medicine. My blog will definitely contain notes on varied areas of life! Thanks for sparing your time on my blog. Be assured, your comments are valued by me! Ashwini

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

SOA versus OO

Object Oriented programming believes that the data and behavior be coupled. It does profess a kind of, tight coupling though it has loose coupling features like inheritence.

The coupling in OO is with respect to a specific functionality, which most often requires tight coupling.

SOA, on the other hand is a concept to get the best service(s) working for a cause. The SOA, puts the protocol for integration and data exchange to make service usage easier. It allows the individual software services to be tight coupled or loose coupled. SOA would, rather decide the integration platform with a loosely coupled protocol and a proper data exchange model(currently achieved through web services). Read the SOA definition in my previous post here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home